Entrepreneurship is widely acknowledged as a vital engine of a country's economic success. Even the Indian government recognizes the value of entrepreneurship and has implemented initiatives such as "Make in India" and "Start-up India."
The Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) of the NRI Institute of Technology (NRIIT) seeks to foster and promote entrepreneurial abilities among aspiring professionals interested in launching their own businesses. The institution provides infrastructural and technical assistance to students who have unique ideas for new goods and services that will benefit society. All hopefuls are also assisted by the EDC with coaching, planning, and execution of their start-up idea into an actual business. The EDC has a pool of sponsors, including banks, national entrepreneurship training organizations, and suppliers, who are eager to assist aspiring entrepreneurs.
As a result, an Entrepreneurship Development Cell was founded in the college, with a dedicated team of actively working faculty with professional experience, as well as some student representatives. Aspiring engineer entrepreneurs are given the required inputs on how to be a successful entrepreneur through workshops and seminars conducted by experts in the field. We encourage students to consider self-employment as a career option at NRIIT, and we offer the essential training in entrepreneurship skills through structured courses. The cell also organizes various activities and events on a regular basis to train and motivate students regarding entrepreneurship.VISION
Our goal is to enable our society develop by empowering entrepreneurs with integrity and sustainability, as well as supporting individual aptitude and innovation.MISSION
To be the leader in enabling and aiding entrepreneurs, to encourage the sparks of emerging entrepreneurs, and to manifest the passion and energy of young students from invention to start-up to establishment and scaling up with integrity and sustainability through various programs and schemes.OBJECTIVES
1. To forge an alliance between the parent institution, industries, and R&D institutions in the region, as well as other organizations involved in the promotion of small and medium enterprises (SMEs), such as NGOs and other voluntary organizations.
2. To raise entrepreneurial awareness among students.
3. To instill an entrepreneurial mindset and culture among engineering graduates and postgraduates.
4. To provide industries with need-based consulting services.
5. To successfully address the possibilities and difficulties that SMEs and microenterprises are facing.
1. To organize entrepreneurship awareness camps, entrepreneurship development programs, and faculty development programs in the region for the benefit of S&T persons.
2. To develop and introduce curriculum on entrepreneurial development at various levels, including degree and diploma courses at the parent institution and other institutes in the region.
3. To conduct research work and survey for identifying entrepreneurial opportunities
4. To guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support systems and information on various technologies
5. To organize guest lectures, Seminars, etc. for promotion and growth of S& T based entrepreneurship.
6. To arrange visits to industries for prospective entrepreneurs.
7. To extend necessary guidance and escort services to the trainees in obtaining approval and execution of their projects.
8. To act as a Regional Information Centre on business opportunities, processes, technologies, market, etc. by creating and maintaining relevant databases.
9. To provide testing, calibration, quality assurance, design, tool room, pilot plant and other facilities for Entrepreneurs besides expertise in Intellectual Property rights, Patents search, etc.
10. To render advice to sick enterprises and assist the entrepreneurs in rehabilitating them.